Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 35/40

Today's weight was 210.6, down 1.6 pounds from yesterday.

Yesterday evening I was feeling too ill to go to church so I stayed home. I was feeling nauseated and had bad reflux (heartburn) which is odd because I never have that. But it started yesterday. Maybe my body is making more stomach acid getting me prepared for eating again?

I asked my husband if I could take an antacid. I debated on whether it would be considered eating and if it would mess up my fast. He said, no that is medicine. So I chewed up two tablets and washed the nasty taste out of my mouth.

Within a few minutes I was in the bathroom throwing up. I don't know if it was because of the antacid or because I was already feeling badly. Maybe both. After I threw up, I did feel better. About an hour later, the reflux symptoms returned but I was able to go to sleep.

My husband had his employment threatened again. We realized these are spiritual attacks and trials to help both of us grow. I have learned more and more that the Lord is my provision and my source, and not my husband's job.

Also, we have a major plumbing problem right now.  Lots of trials but that just gives us more things to praise the Lord over for helping us through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment