Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 Not Doing So Well

I definitely knew that I wasn't going to be able to do this on my own. I really should've realized the spiritual battle that was going to take place on the first day. The devil doesn't give up territory without a fight, right? Right.

Well, I was in an emotional funk for most of the afternoon.  I tried resting, praying, doing something, etc. None of it seemed to help. 

Then my husband came home after running a few errands and I about ripped his head off.  I made a pot of soup for supper yesterday and reheated it for the rest of the family. I won't go into it but needless to say I was on an emotional roller coaster and went from one mood swing to another.

Then while clearing the kitchen after supper I dropped the pot of soup on the floor, spilling almost the entire contents.  My wonderful husband helped me clean it up, while I dissolved yet again into tears.

After he gave me a few words of exhortation, I am steeling myself against the attacks and pressing forward, but it is sure not easy. One day almost down, 39 to go.

Since my last post I have had another four bottles of water, which would make my grand total so far 152 ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment