Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3/40

Today is day 3. I weighed in this morning at 242.0 even. I have lost seven pounds so far.

Yesterday I drank a total of seven bottle of water, or about 118 ounces. I ran out of bottled water yesterday so I drank tap water instead. It certainly doesn't taste as well. I wonder if that's why I didn't drink as much, although I tried to drink as I got thirsty.

I took a 3 1/2 hour nap yesterday afternoon and then went to night church with the family. Then I came home and finished making supper for the family. I find that preparing meals at this point is very hard since I am having a lot of bad physical symptoms. The headache that I woke up with in the morning returned in the evening and was worse. The AM headache was a 5 out of 10 on the pain scale; the PM headache was about an 8. Still also quite tired and major mood swings, from being angry to incredibly sad.  As I stirred the crock pot before putting it on the table a huge wave of nausea swept over me and my stomach continued to be unsettled for the rest of the evening.

So here I am with a terrible headache and nausea and prior to that my husband started arguing with me about food not being put on the table promptly. I guess that could start some strong emotions in a person who is not even fasting.

Our evening meal is a major daily event in our family. Some families don't sit together at the table and eat, but we do. And I look forward to it very much. But right now it is too hard to sit there. So my husband has had to shoulder the responsibility of making sure the children get fed, especially our 19 month old. In my opinion he is not doing so well.

Some of our marital issues (well maybe they are just mine) are surfacing due to this fast, which is probably why some of these strong emotions are also surfacing.  It is also one of the things I am praying about during the fast.

This is just a lot more difficult than what I was bargaining for. I didn't think it would be a walk in the park, but definitely not what I expected.

I managed to get my evening chores done in spite of my physical symptoms and my emotional distress. My husband offered to help but I did not want him to think I was bossing him around so I asked him what he wanted to help with. He helped me fold a load of clothes and then resigned to taking a shower. Sigh. Oh well, he did try.

I have had to pray about how I feel about how supportive he is being. He is being supportive, just not in the ways that I think he should be supporting me. I guess I need the Lord's help to communicate to him better.

Other symptoms I have been dealing with are more mucus and some coughing. I feel like my lungs are trying to get rid of extra mucus but not all the coughing is productive. I'm sure that will change over the next few days. I am also feeling quite spacey and have trouble focusing on more than the current task in front of me. I am usually quite focused and am capable of multitasking but can't really at the moment.

I went to bed again at 9:30 and slept fairly well. I woke up at 3 to change the baby and laid there for awhile until I finally went back to sleep. Today was my husband's first day back to work after Christmas break, so the alarm went off at 6:15. I finally got up for the day at 6:45 which is my normal time to get up.

My lower back is kind of achey which is probably due to sleeping so much these past few days. Hopefully I will have a productive day today. I have much to accomplish.

I have drank two bottles of water so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment