Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 23/40

Today's weight was 221.6, down .2 pounds from yesterday.

Today was Sunday but I did not teach Sunday school since the building where I teach was too cold. We only had a handful come out for worship service since the roads were still quite bad.

The message in today's sermon was so on track with some things about which the Lord has been dealing with me. The text was 2 Timothy 2 and was about how we are to be vessels of honor, and how we can dishonor our vessel.  Our speech and our attitude are two things that Paul addresses that can make us dishonorable. I have really been praying about this. I don't want my good to be evil spoken of. Again, painful, but necessary.

The afternoon was quite stressful. The baby napped but woke up before I could get any rest and my husband slept all afternoon so he was of no help. The baby got into everything and it was just a very trying ordeal.

I was also experiencing what felt like frost bite in my left big toe. More like the pain one feels when their toes thaw out after being frozen. On the 1 to 10 pain scale, I was feeling about an 8. Talked to my husband about it and we had a bit of an argument. I was also feeling quite emotional. I was feeling so badly physically and emotionally that I didn't even want to go to church that evening.

Since my husband was of no help (I was hoping he would pray with me or talk to the pastor for me since I was unable to talk due to the pain I was in)  I shut my bedroom door and prayed and cried out to the Lord.  I felt a lot better, although my toe hadn't improved much.

I was very glad that I had gone to church after all. I enjoyed the entire service and it was very encouraging.

After church the pain in my toe started flaring up again. My husband tried calling the pastor but did not immediately get through. We went to prayer and I got a lot of relief afterwards. Our pastor called back and I got to talk to him for awhile, which was very encouraging. He gave me some insight about fasting since he had done water fasting in the past.  He also encouraged me to keep up this blog and to document everything that the Lord is doing so that it can be a tool to encourage others who might consider a long water fast in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment