Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2/40

Starting weight was 249.0. This morning's weight was 244.6, so I am down almost 4 1/2 pounds from yesterday.

I went to bed really early last night, at around 9:30, shortly after the kids went to bed. Fasting requires a lot of rest when needed so I made sure I got it!  I woke up at 8 AM today and still felt quite tired. But it is Sunday, and church day, so I reluctantly got up.

I woke up with quite a headache, which is probably from my body detoxing. I took two Tylenol for the headache, and also my vitamins, a multivitamin and a B12. I checked my tongue out for toxins. It had a very light white coating on it. I didn't expect it to be too bad since I normally eat a low sugar diet and have done fasting and other cleanses before.

Spiritually and emotionally I am doing a lot better. Today's devotion was from Romans 5 and 6, which I really enjoyed but I find I have trouble concentrating on reading.  Our pastor's daughter went to the hospital this morning to have her baby so I was asked to fill in during our morning worship service. I gave the children's Sunday school lesson which came from 1 Kings 5-9 which tells the story of building Solomon's temple.  Due to fasting I had some trouble concentrating while teaching my lesson, but the Lord helped me through it and it turned out quite well.

Physically I am still having hunger pangs and feel quite hungry. I hope by the third day, which is tomorrow, that the feelings of hunger will go away.

So far today I have drank 3 bottles of water. It is Sunday and my day of rest so I plan on getting a nap in shortly after finishing this post.

I also want to mention that I am already seeing answers to prayer, which I think is awsome, although somewhat surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment