Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 17/40

Today's weight was 225.6; no change from yesterday.

I definitely felt better today than I did last week. Last week I experienced fatigue and nausea but this week I have regained some energy and I don't feel sick at all.

I have seen a definite answer to prayer in regard to vacation bible school. I have been praying in earnest over this year's program and have definitely received some guidance from the Lord.

I have also been asking the Lord to change me in some areas of my life and he is revealing some very telling things about me which I had not been able to see. While it is definitely not pleasant- honestly, it has been quite painful! - I want to be conformed more and more to his image every day.

This is one of my most favorite hymns and a constant prayer of mine:

Oh! to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer,
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

Refrain:
Oh! to be like Thee, oh! to be like Thee,
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.
Oh! to be like Thee, full of compassion,
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wand’ring sinner to find.

Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit,
Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
Willing to suffer, others to save.

Oh! to be like Thee, Lord, I am coming,
Now to receive th’ anointing divine;
All that I am and have I am bringing,
Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.

Oh! to be like Thee, while I am pleading,
Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love,
Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
Fit me for life and Heaven above.

-Thomas O. Chisholm

No comments:

Post a Comment