Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 15/40

Today's weight was 227.4, which is up .4 of a pound from yesterday. I wonder how it is possible to gain weight while doing a water fast. My husband thinks it is most likely water weight, but I don't know.

This morning I attended a family baby shower for one of my husband's cousins. It was very informal and held at her mom's house.  I was wondering how it was going to go since I was not eating. But since most of my family are Christians and quite a few of them go to my church, it was not quite so difficult. There were a few who did not know about the length or type of fast I am on, since I am trying to keep it as private as possible.  So I 'went public' to a few people about my fast, how I was just doing water. But I didn't share how long of a fast it was. 

When it came time to eat, it went better than I could've hoped. I got to hold the baby (the shower was held after his birth) and let everyone else eat. It worked out very well.

Then in the evening came the bridal shower, which was very formal. I ended up missing out on the party during the appetizers because I had a phone call that I had to take.

When it came time for the sit down dinner, I discreetly told my husband's aunt (who is a Christian) that I was fasting and so was my pastor's wife (who is also another one of my husband's aunts.) But she was now eating vegetables instead of being solely on water or juice, so she had the salad. I sat content with my goblet of ice water, and again, held the baby while everyone ate. Dessert consisted of beautifully decorated cupcakes. I wrapped mine in a napkin and took it home to my kids.

So all in all, it went well, but it certainly is awkward in social situations since eating is so deeply engrained in our celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment