Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1/40

Today is day 1. I weighed in this morning at 249 pounds even. I have a brand new digital scale so I will be able to give a very accurate weight every day during the fast.

I did not splurge on my last day of eating solid food yesterday. I ate according to my typical diet.  I had a cup of coffee for breakfast, for lunch I had two hamburgers smothered in mushrooms, onions, and cheese, with cauliflower on the side with butter and cream cheese. Dinner was a grilled chicken breast with spaghetti squash with butter, a little parmesan and mozzarella cheese and a little spaghetti sauce. For a late night snack I made my husband and I a low carb iced vanilla latte. Well, I guess the latte was a splurge, but it was a small one!

Today so far I have had five bottles of purified water. I do not want to drink my own tap water during the fast since it is pretty bad. I need to go to the store and buy some distilled water, or at the least, more purified or spring water.

Physically, I have been very tired today. I got about eight hours of sleep last night and woke up tired. I took about a two hour nap today. I know it's important to rest as much as I can.

The hunger pangs have been pretty strong but I know it is just a temptation for me to break my fast. I keep reminding myself that this is not my fast. It belongs to the Lord and he is going to help me. He has never failed me and He won't fail me now.  Every time I think of eating I try to pray. I also did my daily devotional reading this morning in Matthew 5-7. It was very timely.

No comments:

Post a Comment