Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 16/40

Today's weight was 225.6, down 1.8 pounds from yesterday.

Today was Sunday, so I had to teach Sunday school. I really felt the anointing of the Lord on me when I preached. Yes, I said preached. My class has mixed ages from preschool to 11 years old. I had a lot of kids show up this morning, maybe almost 20.  My lesson was on Samuel hearing the prophesy from God about Eli's iniquity and God's judgment on him.  My typical lesson turned into an exortation about don't wait too late to get saved. Don't make up all kinds of excuses and give into peer pressure to not do what God wants you to do right now. It was a bit bewildering, but very exciting.

Afterwards, Satan attacked me and accused me all afternoon. Bogus stuff like, they won't come back and their parents will be angry with you.  I testified in the evening service about my Sunday school class and his empty, ugly words just faded away! Praise the Lord!

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11

I am hiding in the shadow of the cross. All the glory and honor goes to Him. I am just a willing servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment